The application process for the Medical Program
You will receive a checklist of documents that will be required to apply for the medical work permit in Germany.
- We will check your documents and advise you if you are eligible to join the medical program and receive the German government sponship.
- You will get an offer letter showing all fees involved.
- Register for the medical program and submit the required documents.
- We willl arrange for the translation of your documents into German by a certified translator and send them to the German Ministry responsible for the professional license.
- You then get a German State government confirmation of your acceptance - this shows what you need to do once you are in Germany.
- You will apply for a visa for the recognition of your professional degree in Germany.
- You will start your basic German course with us in Mauritius and do the higher levels in Germany.
- After arrival in Germany, the German school (ISL) will submit your application for German Government Funding for you. (Please ask for us detailed information on this).
- German language course in super-intensive format up to C1 level
- TELC B2 and TestDaF or Telc C1 exam at ISL
- Preparation for medical / dental language exam
- Medical / dental language exam with the German Medical / Dental Council in Mainz
- After passing the medical / dental German language exam:
- Non EU doctors / dentists will receive their first professional license allowing them to work for 2 years in a hospital as assistant doctors /dentists and within the 2 years do their approbation exam giving them the full licence.
- Eu Qualified Doctors / dentists do not need this 2 year work process - they immediatley receive their full licence (approbation) after the medical / dental German language exam.
- After you hold your full license in Germany, you start your specialization. The specialization will be done parallel to your work and it will take around 4 - 5 years. At the end of the specialization course there will be an exam in the Medical / Dental Council who is the awarding body for specializations.
It is not possible to list all the steps in this process here. Our team will guide each doctor / dentist individually through the process.